ourdogsnewowner

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Happy Easter

The past few weeks have been very troubling for me and made me look at my faith in a new way.  It is a time when people are using religion to teach intolerance and hate in the name of Jesus.  I have friends who have turned away from religion because of such ugliness.  In this same set of rules other religions are not respected.  I pray for all people that they will know peace in their heart.
People ask me why I go to church on a regular basis, because I need to.  In this place that I call church and in my faith, I am bonded to these people.  They are the people that help me live and teach Dora about the love the Jesus.  It is in this love that we serve others and teach of tolerance of Christ.  We teach of the love on an individual in the face of God.  We teach of the power of the congregation to support one another in the the ugly times and the great times. We teach the power to do good for the earth, community we live and the community that we pray.  We teach the tolerance of the person, everyone counts and should be given grace.  It is not my place to judge the choices and lives of others, as I would not want to be judged.
We started the celebration of Holy Week with the baptism of a beautiful little girl Savannah, who we have prayed together for months for healing.  It turned to prayers of peace and love for family as her condition has worsened.  Her Christ story was felt by the entire congregation and has taught us all about the love in service and sacrifice on a very real level.  It is in this place I call Church that I am reminded on a weekly basis on how one little life can have such an immense impact on the world and why I need to go to gain strength for this love.
It is the eve of the resurrection.   It is a time in the Christian church to celebrate our rebirth at the death of our savior. I find this to be a time to live in his love and celebrate the lives of all people.  So please celebrate your day in love and peace.  Whether you believe in Jesus or some other form of religion or just in the name of love.

God's Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home