ourdogsnewowner

Friday, December 20, 2013

My life is a keg party!!



As I started my run the other day I was happy to see the white crisp snow and appreciating the moment when I almost stepped into a pile of what I think is vomit.  This got me thinking it is 5:45 am and this is very fresh, someone had a good night, it smelled of beer!!  As my run continued I was pondering is my cup half empty today or half full?  I decided half full, and then what kind cup would I have??? After long thought, a clear plastic cup that you get free with a half barrel.   You may ask why???  So many reasons I will give you a just a few.  If everyone lived their lives as if they were at a keg party how much more fun the world would be.  I know the focus on a barrel of beer seems absurd, but these parties are more than the beer.  Everyone at the party is focused on the moment, spending time with the people they are with, some you know well, some you are just getting to know.  You are cordial to each other and spend the time talking, dancing and sharing a beverage and food.  It is a place where you can meet someone completely new or sit and talk for hours with friend you have known forever.  Now back to my cup, this cup was free it came with the beer, it is simple and sturdy.  The uses are endless, it can start a conversation with the guy by the beer, it can be dumped on the person who has gotten a little too close, you can drink quickly and return to that guy by the beer or he could casually fill a pitcher and refill your half empty glass.  That little cup brings you closer to your friends trying to keep your friends cup full is a very fun game, even if it gets empty you have someone with you to help cry until it is full again.  Sometimes it is a short cry because we are waiting for the next barrel or a longer cry as the party is over, but in time one of those friends or family will fill your cup again.   Now a really good friend will fill your cup for you over and over and know when to have it just be water.  That cup can be filled with so many things, beer, water, soda, lemonade, milk, ice cream, cereal, eggs, cheese dip, salsa, chips and by so many people.   I love when a random person will fill my cup with something I least expect like cookies or tater tot casserole.  I know it is just a simple plastic cup but it brings with it the connection with friends and family that I hope to have everyday.  A time to be focused on the moment and the people in that moment.  It is my hope that each day can be a keg party and that I get the opportunity to fill your plastic cup with what you need most!!  Have a great holiday season!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home