ourdogsnewowner

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Each day

My last post was very similar to this one, oh well.  

Walking the walk.  I am often reminded in life to live each day as that each day.  Today it was by Pastor Jeff at church.  I am inspired by thankfulness people are talking and writing about in this time before Thanksgiving.  So today I am writing of all the things that make each day a special day for me.  Dora waiting until 6 am to say “Momma it is time to wake up, I waited until the first number said 6”.  Waking up to the bright eyes of a seven year old ready for her day.  Waking up to 5 creatures (humans and dogs)  in my bed and they all have blankets wrapped around them but me and realizing I am toasty warm because they are all touching me.  A run in the rain with the pups, watching as the 13 year old pup jumps in the puddles, I swear he is trying to splash more water on me.  A surprise warm morning in the middle of November.  Cherry poptarts found on the bottom shelf of the cupboard.  Watching Phil as he is watching Dora and the smile on his face.  One minute hugs that last for 4 or 5 minutes.  Seeing Dora get the process of reading.  Challenging Beaner on fitbit and never getting close.  Grandma and Grandpa picking up Dora because I do not feel well.  Answering a work call, knowing this could be the call I a have been scared of, and finding out the mom just needed to talk.  Neopolitan ice cream with the scoop pulled across all three flavors.  Watching Teen Beach Movie for the 200 time and knowing she will outgrow this much too quickly.  Seeing Dad at church.  That chocolate cools down chili.  Nyquil was invented and is readily accessible to me.  Text messages that make no sense.  Attempting to cook and having Phil force a smile as he pushes the food around the plate.  Falling asleep to White Christmas for 4 months of the year.  Having friends who actually read this far.  I hope you all have a great night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home