Happy Gotcha Day!!
Today is the 6th anniversary of our Family's Gotcha Day!! The time has flown by. We had dinner tonight at one of our favorite Chinese restaurants with Grandma and Grandpa. When Dora was asked what she wanted to eat to celebrate, she said "Chinese because that is where I was born, I would eat Chinese everyday if I lived in China!" It is truly amazing what this child has brought to our life as a family. She is the bright star of our world. We were trying to come up with times when Dora has been unhappy or down right mad, and we could only come up with a handful in 6 years. She continues to have a sweet and loving personality and knows how to charm just about everyone. When we were going through our photo album from our trip to China tonight, she noticed that everyone in China looked a lot alike with dark hair and eyes. She asked why that was and I answered because that is how God planned it. She replied with an Ok, I get it and a few minutes later she stated she liked living where people all looked different. She is starting to ask more questions about how we got to be a family and we have tried to answer the best we can. Our answers have been ok for her so far, but she has asked to meet with Dawn, our social worker, so she can ask a person who knows the answers. We pray that we will be able to nurture her and her special talents such as finding art pieces in just about everything. Six years ago I was so afraid of the unknown and how this precious little girl would accept our family. Now I know she is driving force in this family and will forever be leading us in her happy ways while she is putting little hearts on everything we see and do.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home