So in the past week I have taken several facebook quizzes and had them tell me I am on the dark side. I know they are facebook quizzes and really mean nothing but to be a juvenile delinquent, ax murder and fallen angel in the same week, come on now I must be in a dark place. Then I realized I am what I am a broken person trying to figure this all out. I have been around the world and back this summer and I feel like I am in a pretty good place, appreciating the little things and loving on Phil and Dora the best that I can. I may have been a bit of delinquent in high school, Mr Dietz, God rest is soul, would probably confirm that. I do take charge of a situation and pretty much do what I want so ax murder fits and I will still be standing at the end of the movie and in several more if the ratings go well, I think there is some strength in that :) The fallen angel is the one I am struggling with, just pondering really, do I fall from what I believe more than I live it. While in China I felt the strength of God in the children in the orphanage. They were there smiling and having a good time just because we were there willing to play. They were well cared for they had full tummies, were obviously cared for by the women who taught them love and caring the best way that they could in such a hard place. They have what they need to survive and are able to celebrate the little things like bubbles and a friendly smile. They are all badly in need of a family but don't seem to know what they are missing. They are happy with what they have and cherish the extras they get along the way. This is why I am struggling with my fallen angel, I can see God in such a cold hard place but struggle to live it here. I know I see it everyday in the face of Phil and Dora, my family and friends, but do I use it for me or for the service of others. I am truly blessed with all that I have but I don't know to cherish it when I see it or I use it for my own good instead of serving others. So that is my goal for the rest of the summer is to use the strength of the kids at the orphanage to cherish my blessings to help serve others better. I know this broken being that I am can do this if I just have the faith that led me to China. Maybe when I take the quiz again I will be one of the lovey dovey angels like the rest of you, and if not I will just try to be me.
About Me

- Name: dogowner
- Location: Madison, WI, United States
We are a family of 5, 2 adults, 1 little girl, and 2 dogs. Wrigley and Randall ruled the house until April 2, 2007 when Dora entered our lives. Now she tells us all what to do.
Previous Posts
- Well, I am less than 12 hours from my trip around ...
- Trying out my new tablet for my trip. To see if I ...
- My life is a keg party!!
- Each day
- Life is Good!
- I am a runner
- Happy Gotcha Day!!
- 7 years of Dora
- Life
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home