The Good Stuff
Well, I have sat down to write this blog several times and have deleted it. I hope I can find the right words this time:) I have the great honor of working with children and their families. This past Friday Connor James Bourke made his passage to heaven, he was 12 years old. This child has taught me some many things in our 3 years together that I am not quite sure how to phrase it. He was and still is an inspiration to myself and so many people with his strength and devotion to God. He was the most Christian person I have ever met. Always encouraging, Faith, Hope and Love. He was always working for God. If I would try to gossip or say something sassy, he would remind me to be more Christian, not judging more guiding. His faith in God made him glow. He never questioned God of why he was sick, once asked if he were sad or mad that he was sick. He responded "it is God's plan, I trust it...if I hadn't gotten sick how would I have met you". So profound for a then 10 year old boy. His short term memory had gotten poor, but he would say, it helps me forget the yucky stuff only the good memories remain :) He like to talk of the good stuff, things that make life, life, he called those God's blessings of love! So I am going to close with a list of some of my favorite blessings some are mine, some are Connors. A blink of an eye, a crooked smile, waking up to a 5 year old's foot in your face, dog kisses at 4:30 AM, dogs going potty at 4:35 outside and not on the floor, family and friends who drive for hours to help when needed, my true love reaching for my hand before I knew I needed it, 9 hours in a car hearing happy and sad songs, text messages leading to arriving at a camp ground 30 seconds ahead of friends, Hop on Pop, pulse O monitors saying I am pushing too hard, ice cream on a hot evening, campfires that glow for hours, a swollen ankle to remind me I can still run, a stomach roll, math facts done so quickly my calculator was slower, beds that raise up and down, ballerina stickers, swimming lengths of a pool just to relax, McDonald's french fries, candles that glow with love, making cookies, dinner with friends, room dividers, your daughters smile of remorse as she has just accidently dumped her full glass of water on you and into your purse, giggles of delight at build a bear...add to the list if you can!
Please keep the Bourke family in your prayers this week!!
Please keep the Bourke family in your prayers this week!!


1 Comments:
At July 25, 2011 at 11:24 PM ,
Sarah Ann said...
Five dollar autographs, playing card games and Sorry!, the Guinness Book of World Records...over and over again...and again. Lord how I love that little man!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home