ourdogsnewowner

Monday, February 21, 2011

Wyoming


Dora has really gotten into books and maps lately. On Sunday she picked up her book on the US and started paging through it. I naively asked so where should we go? She paged through a little more and stops on the page with Wyoming. She found it on the big map of the US, the smaller map of the west and then on the page by itself and marked the page with a hair clip. The best way to mark a page as far as she is concerned. The tip was right in the middle of the state and that is where she wants to go. I said ok, maybe we can go there sometime. Well, I was not feeling the best on Sunday so I was kind of in and out of sleep on the couch all afternoon. Dora was happily playing around me and Phil was up watching the game in the bedroom. What I didn't realize was Dora was happily packing her bags to go to Wyoming. I awake from a snooze to her filling a bag with stuffed animals, not an unusual task for her. She loves to move things from place to place in her Mary Poppins bag. I roll back over and snooze a little more. She wakes me up to Momma where are the fruit chews? "On the shelf in the pantry, get the stool to reach them" I roll over again. I next awaken to a thumping noise coming down the stairs. She has packed 3 days worth of clothes in grocery bag and is dragging it down the stairs. I then follow her to her "stuff". She has her Mary Poppins bag overflowing with stuffed animals and such, her bag of clothes, her backpack with books, pencils, paper and her game, an emptied box of cheez-its refilled with fruit chews, poptarts, poptart 100 chips, garlic crackers and 3 suckers ("one for each of us, Rosie doesn't like them so she doesn't need one") not sure where the Cheez-its are but I am sure the Dogs enjoyed them, because we need snacks for the ride. To finish off the pile was her snow pants, coat and boots. She was so glad that I was awake so we could get started. I did not have the heart to tell her we weren't going today, so what did I do.... Phil you gotta see this. He came down and had the biggest grin on his face trying not to laugh he kindly broke the news to her that today was not the day, maybe when the snow is gone he told her and the grass is growing again. She was a little disappointed but still very happy to hear that it would happen someday. When she woke up this morning, the first thing she asked was if we still had snow :) Does anyone know of a good vacation spot in Wyoming, my kid wants to go :)

The picture is of Dora singing Karaoke!!! She loves to sing into the microphone :)

2 Comments:

  • At February 22, 2011 at 7:26 AM , Blogger Jackie Sue said...

    Jackson Hole is lovely in the early part of June...although when we were there it was still cold...so maybe July would work for you all! So excited to see you guys in KY this summer. We are really looking forward to it.

     
  • At February 22, 2011 at 5:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hmmm.....maybe we should plan a reunion for next year in Wyoming! We've always wanted to visit there too! Think you could hold off Dora for that long?? :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home