Big Start to December
We have had a busy start to December. We got our Christmas tree, went to Lauren's birthday party, Dora had her Christmas program and in the middle we had a huge snow storm.
Dora picked a wonderful tree this year. Unfortunately it is a clumsy tree and keeps falling down. We are at 5 days now with lights and ornaments we are hoping it is up now. It only took 2 extra cuttings and some kind words to keep it up. But our house is full of Christmas spirit with the great smell of pine.
We had our first snow day of the winter season. It was amazing, no one could move for 24 hours. 18 inches of snow will do that to you. But it was fun to play outside and be together when you know you can't do anything else. I hope our streets get cleared at some point this winter.
Today was Dora's first Christmas program. She had been doing awesome at practices and loves singing the songs. This morning she had a bit of a time and tonight well...all she wanted to do was hold my hand or be held by me. I am not sure what scared her or if she was just way overwhelmed. But we made it through. I held her had as she stood in line and took pictures and videos from really up close well because I was no more than 3 feet from Dora the entire time. The one time I tried to back off she started to cry. She did stand at the end to have her picture taken but was not happy about it. Within 5 minutes of the program being done she was her happy cheerful self. Not sure what it was all about but we made it with very few tears during the program itself :)
The next couple of weeks look very busy for us. I hope you all have a great holiday season and can take some time to enjoy the love of your families.
Dora picked a wonderful tree this year. Unfortunately it is a clumsy tree and keeps falling down. We are at 5 days now with lights and ornaments we are hoping it is up now. It only took 2 extra cuttings and some kind words to keep it up. But our house is full of Christmas spirit with the great smell of pine.
We had our first snow day of the winter season. It was amazing, no one could move for 24 hours. 18 inches of snow will do that to you. But it was fun to play outside and be together when you know you can't do anything else. I hope our streets get cleared at some point this winter.
Today was Dora's first Christmas program. She had been doing awesome at practices and loves singing the songs. This morning she had a bit of a time and tonight well...all she wanted to do was hold my hand or be held by me. I am not sure what scared her or if she was just way overwhelmed. But we made it through. I held her had as she stood in line and took pictures and videos from really up close well because I was no more than 3 feet from Dora the entire time. The one time I tried to back off she started to cry. She did stand at the end to have her picture taken but was not happy about it. Within 5 minutes of the program being done she was her happy cheerful self. Not sure what it was all about but we made it with very few tears during the program itself :)
The next couple of weeks look very busy for us. I hope you all have a great holiday season and can take some time to enjoy the love of your families.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home