Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms, Moms to be and any ladies that help care for others. You all really do have an important role in the world. This is my second Mother's Day, last year I was still in shock of being a Mom that world could have stopped and I would not have cared or noticed last year. I still can't believe that I am a Mom but this year it feels more real. I have changed enough diapers and not slept enough nights to really feel like a Mom. As I sat back and just enjoyed Dora today, I was wondering how I got here and how many wonderful people have helped me grow to be the woman I am today. Of course my parents have a large role in the process they are my guide what I compare myself to. They have raised 5 children all college graduates several post graduate degrees, all professionals who have good lives, so they have done some things right. Ok I am the favored child just ask any of my siblings. But I was the child my mother wanted out of the house the most just before I left for college. I hope to do half as well as they have done. My siblings who have been through a lot of the same things I have also play a big role, my sister especially. She has seen all the evils of trying to have a biological child and supported through the entire adoption process. She is a great guide to parenting, her daughter is 5 months older than Dora and they are into everything together. It will be fun watching them grow together. My friends who keep me on my toes, just when things are going smoothly you all remind me that it just temporary and just wait something new will start. My patients and kids at work, you have all taught me to be patient and keep my life in perspective. I love my work but Phil and Dora are my life and they are top priority. Which brings me to Phil, the love of my life, the father to my daughter. The person who can watch a football game in the driving rain and still smile,while celebrating your birthday. You really do make my life complete and I truly enjoy the time we spend together. I would not spend my life with anyone else. Thank you to all of you for making my life what it is full, happy and never dull. I am very blessed and I do not appreciate all that I have most of the time but today I do.
God Bless
Julie
PS the pictures are from finger painting for the first time and fun Mother's Day pictures, really Dora only wanted to be by Poppa today.


1 Comments:
At May 12, 2008 at 8:14 AM ,
Eileen said...
Happy (belated) Mother's Day, Julie!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home