ourdogsnewowner

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

525, 600 minutes

525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear 525,600 minutes
how do you measure Measure a year
In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strifeIn
525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year in the life
How about love How about loveHow about loveMeasure in loveSeasons of love

525,600 minutes, 525,000 journeys to plan
525,600 minutes how can you measure the life of a woman or man
In truths that she learned, or in times that he cried
In bridges he burned, or the way that she died
Its time now to sing out, though the story never ends Let's celebrate remember a year in the life of friends
Remember the love Remember the love Remember the loveMeasure in loveSeasons of loveSeasons of love

I have always loved this song. It is from the musical Rent. I never would have imagined the last 525,600 minutes could have been this grand. Everyone says that parenthood changes you. You hear it, you cognitively know it will, but until you are a parent, you just don't understand the depth of it. I would lay my life down for everyone in my family, Phil, Laura, Mom, Dad.... but with Dora it goes deeper. I had no clue as to how deep the love would go. I hear her cry and my heart aches with such pain. I hear her laugh and my heart dances with such delight. To watch her grow and learn brings so much joy to my life. I hope to show the love for the world that she has shown me.

1 year ago on April 2, 2007 Dora was placed in our arms. The year has had many joys and a few sad times and they have all been enhanced by a little girl named Dora. She fits so perfectly in our family. She is a true blessing from God, who was chosen for us. I had hoped to post some fun pictures showing us 1 year ago and now, but the main computer crashed after downloading pictures from today. They will come another day. I did find a video that was taken as the last few families received their children. It is a bit jumpy but fun.


3 Comments:

  • At April 2, 2008 at 11:33 PM , Blogger Jackie Sue said...

    Yay for a wonderful year and yay for amazing travel mates! Thank you sooo much for Ellie's red envelope. It made me cry. The sweetness of the bond between us all. Thanks for thinking of us. Many many blessings and here's to another July!!!!

     
  • At April 3, 2008 at 10:42 PM , Blogger DAVID AND AMY VENN'S WEBSITE said...

    Julie, Phil and Dora, What an absolutely beautiful post!! I just kept agreeing with every sentence!! It truly is a blessing for sure!!
    Love you guys,
    Amy, David and Emily Grace

     
  • At April 6, 2008 at 12:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Neppl Family!
    Loved the video...we'll all have to bring our videos of Gotcha when we visit in July so we can watch all of them! Loved your post too....how true! July will be here before we know it!
    Blessings,
    The Callahans

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home