ourdogsnewowner

Monday, February 23, 2009

Being Sick



The past several weeks have been a blur, we have been moving in fast forward since the beginning of Feb. To all of our Gotcha Sister's I can't believe it has been 2 years since we saw our daughter's picture for the first time. It seems like just yesterday and also a world away. Dora has changed so much from those pictures. She looked so serious and determined, she is still determined but not very serious. So back to the fast pace of life. We had this wonderful weekend planned with visiting friends, Dora spending the night at Poppa's house, going to the circus. All fun things to do and take lots of pictures. We had every moment of the weekend planned out, an hour here, 1/2 hour there.... Then God just laughed and said you think so huh. On Friday night both Dora and Phil got sick. The only time I left the house On Saturday was to get more medicine, and I probably shouldn't have left Phil and Dora alone. I found Phil on the floor "playing" with Dora. He stood up and then found himself on the floor so they decided to stay there. Ooops. By Saturday afternoon I was getting sick as well. All Dora wanted to do was be held. I really felt like to Momma that night. I could barely sit up and there I was holding my poor dear sick angel. Her temp kept going up and I was worried it would go higher, so I kept taking her temp giving her medication whenever I could. This was the first time Dora has been really sick since we have been her parents. In China she was sick, I have no idea how sick she was or had been before that. Her little body is recovering now, her fever broke last night, she was playing most of the day, to her poor Daddy's demise. He is still sick and home with her today, he is resting now. So our weekend did not go any way like I thought it would. But it was nice to be home as a family all sick in bed and holding each other to make us feel better. There are worse ways to spend a weekend.

Have a great week.
J

OK, Phil is still not better on Tuesday. Another advocate for the flu shot. Julie flu shot sick 36 hours ish, Dora no shot 72 hours, Phil no shot 96 hours and counting, yikes.

4 Comments:

  • At February 24, 2009 at 6:31 AM , Blogger DAVID AND AMY VENN'S WEBSITE said...

    Julie, I am so sorry that you all have been ill!! I hope that you all are back to your fun loving selves soon!! There is nothing that makes a mother feel more helpless than her child being ill or feeling poorly and there isn't anything more you can do for them. Also, thank you so much for the prayers or Emily Grace's surgery!! We definitely appreciate them!!
    Hugs,
    The Venns

     
  • At February 24, 2009 at 7:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm so sorry you've all been sick! I hope Phil gets well soon! We had enough sickness in this house (mostly the kids) to go around this winter and I hope that is IT for awhile!

     
  • At February 24, 2009 at 7:59 AM , Blogger Molly's Mommy said...

    I am sending germ free wishes to all of you- I think you guys should spend another weekend in bed, but not sick- watch movies and have a pillow fight!!!
    Hope all of you 100% soon!!!
    Hugs from fellow "FU's" :-)

     
  • At February 26, 2009 at 5:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hope you all are better by the time you get this message. Amy is right...you feel so helpless when your child is sick. Ande was sick with a fever & cold one week and a stomach bug the next...not good. I'm an advocate for the flu shot too....Ande & I both got it this year. Take care of yourselves!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home