ourdogsnewowner

Friday, January 23, 2009

Life in Wisconsin

Life has been in fast forward lately, you would think with sub-zero weather life would slow down a bit, but alas, what was missed then has been made up this week. As I was talking with one of my patients and she stated how she took time to just watch her kids and memorize them at the stage they are currently in. If that means the laundry and dishes are not done so be it. Well this week while I am in the middle of a crazy week that just doesn't seem to end, I just sat back and watched Dora the one night I was home with her (by the way she is at a basketball game with Phil right now because I was at a class). I am truly in awe of what a wonderful, beautiful girl she is becoming. She is willing to share her most prized possession her TT(pink blanket) She is showing so much concern for others and how they are feeling and wanting to help if she can. I told her I was cold and she wrapped my feet with her TT, when I brought the dog in from outside, she said he was cold and put the quilt on him. She is learning so many words and expressions, I just catch myself and wonder how did she know that. Like singing the our father, chanting I want more ice cream over and over, and counting the puzzle pieces-1,2,3,4,5,7,8,7,12, I figure they are all numbers and someday she will get the correct order. I love to watch Dora and Phil play, she has a pop up house in the basement and she wants Phil to sit in it with her, very cute to see, I have yet to get it on picture. She sings it is raining its pouring the old man is snoring, then says come in the house it is raining. Puzzles are another favorite. She loves to do her "princessrella" puzzle, over and over and over, then switch to Dora and Boot puzzle, over and over and over, then switch to the mermaid puzzle and do it over and over and over. I think I can do them without seeing the pieces. My favorite time of the day is early morning, ok those of you who are around me daily know that is a crazy thought, but I wake up and just watch Dora sleep. She looks so peaceful and content, not that she doesn't look cute awake, just different when asleep. When she wakes up and smiles at me so innocently and says Mama not daytime yet go back to sleep night time. I know that I am just blathering on and on but I just wanted to capture Dora right now. The pictures are from playing and a visit with some friends. Wrigley and Randall said they have not had enough pictures lately. Enjoy



















4 Comments:

  • At January 24, 2009 at 1:26 AM , Blogger Molly's Mommy said...

    What a special, sweet soul- we are all so blessed, and it is amazing to me how each of them are so different yet at heart the same.

     
  • At January 27, 2009 at 2:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You are blessed as is Dora. Keep warm and safe. We have an ice storm in progress here.

    Love, MATC

     
  • At January 31, 2009 at 5:27 AM , Blogger DAVID AND AMY VENN'S WEBSITE said...

    How incredibly sweet!! What a special night that must have been. I try to do the same thing when I think about it. Life just gets in the way sometimes. I will pass along this bit of advice that I received and plan to do myself. A mother told me to sit Emily Grace down at this wondrous age and video tape an interview with her. Write a list of questions down and then just question her about everything in her life and ask her how things happen as well. I plan to do this weekend. She says it will be a treasure forever. I can only imagine. Enjoy

     
  • At January 31, 2009 at 5:29 AM , Blogger DAVID AND AMY VENN'S WEBSITE said...

    Btw, why aren't you two on Face Book? It is the coolest thing. I have found friends that I haven't talked to in years. I am loving it. This is why I have updated my blog until today, though.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home