Life is good


Hello All
The past month has flown by. I am not sure what happened but it is now Thanksgiving and I am just now posting again. Work has been crazy so I think that is why life is a blur, or is it my beautiful daughter has decided sleeping is not all that much fun unless someone is right beside her. Dora has truly been amazing, aside from the sleep thing. She is now quite the conversationalist and is learning words so quickly that I am not sure where she is learning them. Some of my recent favorites are YaHOOO, yippe, not really Mom, I miss you Mom (that one hurts after a long day), Yee Haw (thank you Jodi, it tortures you as much as me)there are so many it is hard to remember them all. She is starting to Grandma which is a change from More Poppa, I will be sad to see that one disappear, so will Grandma. Dora is ever closer to the potty training thing, she is determined to do it in her own way and own time. The other night as Phil and I were watching TV Dora was upstairs, supposedly going to bed, she will occasionally stay up and read books or sing (very cute). That night we heard some noise but nothing unusual, then we heard Mommy I just poopied. Oh good, she is telling us, that is great. We start to head upstairs and got a little way up and Phil said this does not smell good. At that point Dora turns the corner and she is buck naked and so very proud of herself. She then says I clean. Phil and I are puzzled but you are clean. We get upstairs and start to look around and laugh. She had taken off her pajamas and dirty diaper and placed it into the garbage can, the rest is just assumption, because we weren't there. But it appears that she must have lied down on her bed and wiped herself, kind of clean, using the entire new refill bag of wipes then placing them into the garbage can. On her kind of clean bed we found a brand new diaper opened entirely and waiting to put on. My thought is that she couldn't get it to stay on so that is why she called for us. I have not laughed that hard in a long time. She was so proud that she had cleaned herself. It only took a bath and 2 loads of laundry to finish the job :) Potty trained, not quite yet.
We are heading up to Phil's Mom's house for Thanksgiving. All of his side of the family will be there. We can't wait to see everyone.
There really is so much to be thankful for, I know life is hard for a lot of people right now and it seems like our life is so easy in comparison. I am thankful for so much but most of all it is for the health of my family, the love of my family and the support of my family, everything else is just the gravy of life. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday and enjoy the start of the holiday season. I will post pics of Dora with cousins hopefully this weekend.
Have a great Thanksgiving. Love J


2 Comments:
At November 29, 2008 at 11:04 PM ,
Jackie Sue said...
Ellie gets all her diaper stuff out so I will change her, but will NOT go on the potty yet. She is also changing so much and fixing her speech...sorta makes me sad...today we lost "wawa" and it became "water" just as plain as day. I made her ask for 'wawa' one more time just for fun and she laughed...they just grow up too fast. We had a wonderful thanksgiving and you are right...things are so hard all over the world that it is difficult to accept the blessings that God gives...
At December 1, 2008 at 9:18 PM ,
DAVID AND AMY VENN'S WEBSITE said...
I can just see Dora doing these things. How cute!! It is amazing to see what they come up with to handle a situation on their own isn't it? It is bitter sweet to see these girls at this age. I love to see them blossom but I hate to see the "baby" in them disappear.
Miss you guys,
Amy
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home