ourdogsnewowner

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Life on 9/11




We have had a wild and crazy month. School has started and the fall sport seasons are underway. In the past few weeks we have nearly finished our basement, more pictures to come when the carpet and stuff is in. Check out the picture of Mark brushing Dora's hair. It was way to funny, they and we were laughing very hard. A couple weeks ago Allison Dora's first babysitter left for college. She is a great person who I know will do well in life. She will always have a place in our family history. She gives me hope for the youth of America. We have had many grand adventures as well. We went to the zoo and saw lots of fun animals and rode on the Carousel. Last weekend we went down to the airport with Laura, James and Alexis. Dora was really brave until Uncle James went over an air bump. We landed soon after that. She was having fun talking into headsets and saying lets go up. We were pretty amazed Dora and Alexis did not bonk heads, when they were apart and saw each other they would go running toward each other and hug. Way too cute. As has been over the past few months Dora really prefers to wear her "pretties" as she puts it. It must have a bow or lace or something frilly or she is not wearing it. When we went to the Zoo her pretty was in the car but we talked her out of wearing because we didn't want to get it dirty with the animals. Really the thing was so worn out we were afraid she would lose the bottom part and get upset. Thank goodness we have aquired several new ones from friends and family.

Finally on this day I want to take time to show appreciation for all of those people who give their lives to society. The people willing to go into the burning building to make sure we are safe. I am not sure if this year 9/11 is hitting me harder than in the past because of Dora or it is just my state of mind currently. Dora is at such an incredible stage right now and I love waking up even at 2am when she is calling out to Momma. She is in awe of the world and how it works and I want to keep her safe. I know I can not keep the things that happen in the world from her, I just want her world to be a place that she feels safe and that she does not have to feel the pain of terrorism or war. I know the world is what you make of it but the world is scary right now and I want her to know that it is ok to be scared sometimes but that she has people around her to help her be safe and happy. That her belief in God will help her through anything. These are no small tasks for the Momma to shoulder. I know we are all here together and that I have a strong support network, I hope she in time will know those same supports and love. Just a few thoughts from a very thankful Momma.

Have a great night enjoy the pictures

J

1 Comments:

  • At September 11, 2008 at 9:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Those concerns never end. Our baby is in Houston Texas and has just evacuated to College Station with her husband two boys and a dog. children are a continuous worry and a huge reservior of love. Enjoy every minute.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home